Saturday 14 August 2010

Magic Happens


I know what happened


I was there


and was not there


it's simple


not at all complicated


my eyes


they met yours


the lights around us were not that strong


but your eyes sent mine


beaming rays of light


while around us on that night


it was closer to darkness than it was to light


and on this crowded place


with this many people around


my ears heard no one


my eyes saw no body


just you


your presence brought shivers to my body


I know what happened


I was there


and was not there


the one in control


was not me


not at all me


I was the one controlled


by the magic


of your eyes


of your words


of your smile


ah.. that smile !


it took me miles and miles away


I flew in the sky


I saw all the colours of the rainbow


I laughted and cried


I felt safe in the core of danger


I know where this road ends


I've been there many times before


and trust me


I really wish I had an on/off button


I wish I was the one


in control


but I know what happened


I was there


and was not there


I felt a sting in my heart


a sting that is painful


yet lovable


"love at first sight"


yeah, heard about it


many times!


read about it


millions of times


never felt it


never believed it could happen


but today...


I was under your spell


I owned nothing of myself


and you knew nothing about it


sitting right next to me


sending me to places i've never been to


and you knew nothing about it


I never knew I could measure the time so perfectly


till you left us and came back


your absence made me count the minutes


with my mind and heart


I counted the faces


the heartbeats


the breathes


till you came back


to your very same place


on the chair on my left


in the heart in my left


and gave me back my life


my heart pulses


my blood


the air I breathe


and you knew nothing about it


but i know what happened


I was there


and was not there


I was there only coz I sat there


with everyone


and was not there


coz I was with you


and only you


but how will my heart endure


the next lines of this novel


I'm not sure


your features are inscribed in my mind


I can see you right now


I don't care how far away you are


you are with me.. right now.


I know what happened my soul keeper


but I have no idea what will happen


and I don't want you to tell me


and I don't wanna search for a clue


I'll just leave things as they are


Dont want that spell to break


that's my decision for now


to be or not to be


in love at first sight


is never a choice, my love.


Thanks for making me believe


that magic happens.


Now let the story begin..


let it happen


I'm giving you the permision

it is now your mission!

6 comments:

  1. OMG..WOWWW..you took my breath away with every word my dear poet!AMAZING..JUST BRILLIANT! My God this one is so perfect! i ENJOYED the read and yes,am going to read AGAIN! you are ON THE RIGHT TRACK POET..;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and yeah..MAGIC happens..;) now i believe it does..;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes. I agree with Abeer, thx

    ReplyDelete
  4. beero hunny i'm so glad u liked it begad ur amazing :))) u put a BIG happy smile on my face that does not wanna leave me :)) i'm so glad and flattered :))) hehehe thx hunnny

    ReplyDelete
  5. To in_blue_sky thanks for ur kind words really :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. my pleasure dearling

    ReplyDelete